I’ve had this recipe for ages and keep promising to post it for a couple of people so here it is! If you don’t want to use gelatine, you could try a vegetarian substitute called Agar Agar. I haven’t used it myself but I’ve seen it used on some TV shows.
40 ml hot water
2 teaspoons gelatine
250 ml cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
80 g caster sugar
500 g Greek natural yogurt
1. Sprinkle gelatine over the hot water in a teacup and allow to soften.
2. Place the cream, vanilla and sugar in a large saucepan and heat just enough until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Stir the gelatine mixture and make sure there are no lumps. Pour the mixture into the cream mixture in the saucepan and mix well.
4. Add the yogurt and mix well. I should use a whisk but I do tend to get out my hand held mixers and use these. It makes a few bubbles but at least I know it is well mixed.
5. Pour into 6 lightly greased dariole molds. There may be a little left over to put into a container. Tap the molds to make the air bubbles come to the surface.
6. Refrigerate overnight until set.
7. Turn out the molds onto a plate. If they don’t want to come out easily, put the bottom of the mold into a container of boiling water for a few seconds and try again.