Every Wednesday afternoon my son likes to bake and today he made this gingerbread. He made it gluten, egg and dairy-free.
225 g gluten-free plain flour
150 g gluten-free self raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
225 g sugar
250 ml milk (use rice milk for dairy-free)
80 ml water + 2 teaspoons Orgran No Egg egg replacer (or use 2 eggs if you can eat eggs)
125 g butter (use Nuttelex or another dairy-free margarine for dairy-free)
325 g golden syrup (1 metric cup)
1. Place the butter/Nuttelex in a saucepan with the golden syrup and stir over a low heat until the butter/Nuttelex is melted. Set aside to cool.
2. Sift all of the dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
3. Add the milk and egg replacer and mix well.
4. Add the butter/Nuttelex and golden syrup mixture and mix well until there are no lumps.
5. Bake at 160 C fan-forced (180 C/350 F conventional oven) until a skewer inserted comes out clean. I used a bundt pan and a small loaf pan. The smaller pan took 30 min and the bundt pan took 45 min.