Here’s a chocolate slice recipe that I always fall back on when I need to bring a plate of goodies to an event.
300 g gluten-free plain flour
180 g dessicated coconut
225 g sugar
24 g cocoa
370 g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the flour, coconut, sugar and cocoa together in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and vanilla together and add to the dry ingredients.
- Press into a 30 x 23 cm baking tin.
- Bake at 160 C fan-forced (180 C/350 F conventional oven) for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool then ice with chocolate icing and sprinkle with coconut.
- Refrigerate until cold then cut up into squares.
Icing: Sift 280 g gluten-free icing mixture (or use pure icing sugar) and 48 g cocoa into a bowl. Add 60 g of melted butter and 60 ml of hot water and stir until well mixed.