It’s spring here in Brisbane, but thanks to some rainy weather, it’s a little cooler than usual for November. It felt like a great day to pull out the old chocolate pudding recipe:
150 g gluten-free self raising flour
24 g cocoa powder
170 g sugar
30 g melted dairy-free margarine (Nuttelex) or use other margarine or butter for non dairy-free
125 g rice milk (or dairy milk if you can have it)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
110 g brown sugar
30 g cocoa
435 ml boiling water
1. Sift the flour and cocoa into a medium sized bowl. Add the sugar and stir to combine.
2. Add the margarine to the milk and vanilla then add to the dry ingredients.
3. Mix well with electric mixers and pour into a small casserole dish.
4. Combine the brown sugar, cocoa and hot water together, then pour carefully over the cake mix in the casserole dish.
5. Bake at 160 C fan-forced (180 C/350 F conventional oven) for approximately 45 minutes.